Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tempting Turquoise Tuesday

Trying saying that title 3 times fast!
Happy Tuesday!

I was busy yesterday working on a swap I'm doing with my family. I live in Oklahoma and they're all in California. We don't get to be part of activities together because of the distance. So we're doing "Year in Review" scrapbook pages swap with each other so we can at least share photos of great moments. We decided to start with 2010 and make 2 page layouts. I've got my 2010 layouts done and I spent most of Monday trying to work through a mental block on part of my 2011 spread. I think I finally worked through it! I'll post those for fun in April after we swap them. Can't wait to see what everyone is doing.

Now for the "stamping portion of our program" ....

Made a card kinda quick in the middle of the night. I started freaking out cuz I wanted something to show you and I'd spent most of the day on other things. Well, I didn't want to disappoint so - I CASE'd (Copy And Share Everything) a card I saw on  Pinterest. I love that place and spend waaaaay too much time drooling over all the cool stuff pinned on there. I changed it up a bit to fit my style.


Tempting Turquoise paper (8 1/2 X 11, cut in half at the 5 1/2 mark) is the base for the standard sized card with the fold at the top. The next layer is Basic Black, cut at 5 1/4  X 4 and use the ticket corner punch on the corners. Taking the other half of the Tempting Turquoise paper, stamp images from the For All You Do stamp set in Basic Black ink. Using the 1 3/8 square punch, punch out the images. Stamp the 5 petal flower and the 4 petal flower and cut out. Adhere the smaller flower on top of the larger flower. Using a scrap of Whisper White, punch a circle for the center of the large 2 layer flowers and adhere. Adhere the 2 layer flower on top of the dotted square. Arrange the squares as you like them and then adhered to a piece of Whisper White that is roughly 3 x 4 1/2.  The Whisper White layer is then adhered to the card base.

Stamps:
For All You Do - page 112, item #115360

Paper:
Tempting Turquoise - page 177, item # 102067
Whisper White - page 180, item #100730
Basic Black - page 180, item #121045

Ink:
Basic Black - page180, item #101179

Tools:
1 3/8 Square Punch - page 212, item #119877
Ticket Corner punch - page 212, item #119867
Crop-a-dile for punching small circle - page 207, item #108362
Paper cutter - page 208, item # 104152
Snail adhesive - page 206, item #104332

Wednesday I'll be showing what we're going to do in class on March 27th. Don't forget to RSVP!

No comments:

Post a Comment